About the Telephone Broadband Engineer Job Available
Telephone Wiring Engineer are a supplier of a bespoke phone system. We act as a supplier/developer and we are involved in the installation, maintenance and support of voice and data products across the UK.
Furthermore due to continued success there is now a requirement for an experienced field engineer to join the team. Ideally the successful candidate will be installing and supporting both Asterisk bespoke based IP systems range of business phone systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with IP networking, VOIP, broadband & SIP trunking. The role is a mixture of support and installation with some nationwide travel approximately 3 days on site(a week). Experience is essential in site surveys and management of installation of phone systems from start to finish.
The successful candidate will be professional and have strong customer communications skills. A minimum 2-3 years experience in telephony is a necessity. It is essential that the candidate ‘leads from the front’ and is proactive. They must be well presented and flexible in working as there is potential for being part of the “On Call” rota. A full UK driving licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points is a requirement for this role.
Areas of Accountability:
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ Installations/Support experience in a similar role supporting IP based PBX Systems.
- Business phone systems and periphery telecoms equipment/solutions like IP, Networking, voice recording or similar products etc.
- Excellent Cabling installation experience to the highest level
- Ability to train and document for other members of staff
Planning and Organising:
- Install, commission and program Asterisk bespoke telephone systems
- Provide the highest quality and professional cabling installation
- Work in line to work schedule and customer expectations at all times
- Assess site and project and complete site survey paperwork ensuring all information is correct
- Training & support of other members of staff
- To support other areas of the business where necessary
- Decision Making: Makes decisions on day to day work load and priorities, escalates when necessary
Internal and External Relationships:
- To ensure effective collaboration:
- Internally with Team Leaders, Field Services Manager, Head of Implementation, Sales, Field Engineering, Installation Team(s), Finance, Sales
- Externally with customer